download Digital Coloring: Comic Style Light & Shadow Made Easy!
- Students will have a solid basis for rendering highlight and shadows.
- Students will learn a simple, step-by-step that creates complex-looking results.
- Students will learn an easily repeatable workflow for adding light and shadow.
- Students should understand the basic use of their preferred digital art app such as using brushes, selection tools, and layers. This course uses Photoshop & Procreate, but any art app with layers and blending modes will work.
- Students should have a digital drawing tablet & a digital art program.
This in-depth, step-by-step course will teach you how & where to add highlights and shadows to line art in real-time! I’ll show you how to analyze the shapes of the forms in your drawings and correctly start thinking in three dimensions instead of two. We’ll be using the same techniques that I’ve used in my professional work in over 75 issues as a comic book colorist.
How to layer multiple types of lighting to create a stunning final image.
Simple ways to think about your lighting colors.
When to use harder and softer edges when rendering.
How to edit your rendering colors to completely change the tone of a piece.
Whether you are looking to color just for fun or for work, this course will teach you time-saving techniques and shortcuts that will allow you to create rich and beautiful colors without bogging down in a ton of color theory concepts.
In additions to the hours of video lessons, the course also includes:
Full resolution, layered PSD files of the exercises for practice.
I even include one of the PSD files from my recent work on HACK/SLASH, so you can see this layering method in action!
Work at your own pace!.There's no need to rush, since there's no time limits.
I've created hundreds of hours of tutorials and taught thousands of students worldwide. You can expect top notch video & audio quality throughout.
These lessons feature Photoshop CC and Procreate. You can use any art application that includes layers and blending modes. Some examples would include Clip Studio Paint, ArtStudio Pro, Krita, Sketchbook Pro, and Medibang to name a few.
NOTE: This is not a rank beginner course. I will review some concepts, but if you are completely unfamiliar with coloring, I would consider one of my other coloring courses for the basics first. This course focuses on rendering light and shadow simply and effectively. It does not discuss storytelling or focus as a colorist, and I would consider enrolling in “A Pro Guide to Digital Comic Book Coloring” to understand the fundamentals of sequential color storytelling, adding mood and depth, separating planes, etc, if you are unfamiliar with those concepts.
So join me! I hope to see you there, and I'd love to help you down the path to becoming a great colorist!
- Anyone looking to simplify how to add light to their line art.
- Anyone looking for an easily repeatable "formula" for easy rendering of light and shadow.
- Anyone looking to learn more about how to light their 2D artwork.
What will you learn
- 1 Lessons
- 00:00:00 Hours